Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Assignments

I suppose that I should deal with the assignments for each subject separately. However, the difficulties that I had really applied to both of them. The first was with layout, which I've talked about elsewhere. The second is the addressing of each element of the assignment. With the ETL 503 assignment, I submitted it four times, not just because I could but once to correct the layout spacing, the the third time because I realised that I had not adequately addressed the element of acquisition. I don't know that I have still done this, and I didn't put it as a separate item with its own subheading, but I did include more information and a reading reference. Then I realised that this had put me over the limit, so I then had to edit the assignment again and then re-submit at 4pm on the due date, after first submitting it almost a week earlier.

With the ETL 401 assignment, I think that mu choice of obstacle and solution will be questioned. I chose not to go with the obvious obstacles of principal or funding. Instead I chose lack of recognition of the role that the teacher librarian plays in an information literate school community. I also provided a two=pronged solution. I don't know what the markers will make of that. I suspect that they would prefer an obvious obstacle and clear solution, supplied by the readings. We'll see.

Finally, despite knowing that the markers are looking for evidence of wide reading, in the ETL 503 assignment I only used three sources. The problem was that the task focused on selection and acquisition and this really only required a set of criteria, possible resources and justification of those selected. I did make up for this with the ETL 401 assignment but it doesn't quite work like that.

By the way, I did work with the marking guidelines in front of me. They are useful. Time would be even more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment