Thursday, April 1, 2010

Assignments

I sent of both of the first assignments for ETL 401 and ETL 501 today. After a lot of trial and error and discussion with our teacher librarian, Lyn (which I'll talk about in another post), I chose to use the lack of recognition of the importance of teacher librarians as my obstacle for the 401 assignment. I wanted to use one of the references to the threats to libraries and teacher librarians that have been talked about on the OZTL Net. Unfortunately, I had deleted these emails, as had Lyn. I would have liked to post a request on the OZTL service but I haven't had any success with my previous mass submissions (and I'm yet to work out why). I had to use an English reference instead. This evening I find, reading through the OZTL Net emails that the Brisbane Courier has had two articles on this very subject this week. Here are the links for the blogs of teacher librarians who have featured these articles.

http://hubinfo.wordpress.com

http://readingpower.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/libraries-at-risk-courier-mail-march-30-2010/

It seems that you can be too organised. Well, I wanted to submit the tasks from work, knowing that its internet link was slightly more reliable than mine at home. I also will need the Easter break to make a significant start on the next assignments, as exams and report season has already begun and runs through until after the next assignments are due. Still, it would have been a bonus to include such an up-to-date reference.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on submitting both assignments.
    I withdrew from 503 and I am sitting here procrastinating about 401 so I am in absolute awe of you.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm no Steven Covey disciple. I just know that there are deadlines and the best way to finish is to make a start. Just think of the 401 assignment as 4x500 words on each of the four sections of the set question. They don't necessarily have to be attempted in order, you can always be reorganised later on your computer. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.
    I am still procrastinating by getting up to date with the readings, many that are not even that relevant for the assignment.
    Enjoy Easter.

    ReplyDelete