Thursday, May 6, 2010

Reflections on ETL 401 Assignment

The assignment arrived back today. Pleasing result and very encouraging comments. The two key areas that I missed were my own description of the information literate school community. I used a summary from the text and didn't expand this sufficiently to describe what this would mean in practice for the teacher librarian, the students and the teacher. In the end, I think that word limits defeated me bit here but also lack of time to reflect on the material in my own mind and in my own school. It is clear from the marker's comments that this personal reflection is as welcome in this course as the Reflection sections are in the 501 courses.

I also failed to correctly reference a couple of readings. I actually noticed this when I went to use one of the same quotes in the ETL 501 assignment and I found the quote in my notes without an accompanying reference. Once again time. I don't say this as an excuse. It is very much a reality of the context in which this course and the assignments are being completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment