Sunday, May 2, 2010

ETL 401 Assessment Task 2

I have just spent a whole weekend just doing Part A of this assignment, relating to the Information Literacy models. This was very much harder than I expected. I had no trouble selecting three. They were very similar in many ways: The Big Six, the DET ISP and the Alberta model. However, I wrote 750 words just comparing and contrasting the first stage in each model. In reducing the comparison of the whole model to that same length, I am now unsure whether I have achieved the depth that the task requires. It is very hard to know how much personal opinion to include and how much to cite material from the readings. Perhaps I should have included the deleted material in the blog.

I didn't do a word count of my forum positing on the information literacy models, but it wouldn't surprise me if I wrote over five hundred words there, in about thirty minutes. Make this weekend's struggle seem even more frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment