Saturday, May 22, 2010

Professional Practice

Whether or not my evaluation of the ASLA Standards is found to be satisfactory, one personal note is that I find them describing much of what I aspire to do in my own teaching, both with my students but also as a collaborator and leader of innovative educational practice with my colleagues. While there are still aspects of the teacher librarian role that I find daunting, the opportunity to promote lifelong learning and engage in professional discussion and collaboration about our profession is something that I enjoy. If only there were more time for such things. This is one reason why I take the opportunity to contribute articles to various publications. I hope that this will allow an exchange of ideas in a manner that is convenient for others to engage with in their own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment